Another day, another model brought to life. I decided to continue with building a head, since I wasn't too happy with how the last one turned out, and wanted to see if I could improve. Due to a much smoother process in building it, I'd say the results more or less speak for themselves:
Getting a good reference seems to be key. I worked with a much higher-res photo this time around in order to really help nail the details, and I feel that the character of the original shines through pretty strongly precisely because I was able to tweak the details a little more. While my edgeflow still needs work overall, I'd say this is a pretty good step forward considering it's the second complete model I've put together. Perhaps if I'm feeling adventurous, I'll try texturing or rendering later on.